Saint Paul Classic Volunteers
Over 25 Years of Amazing Service
General Volunteer Info.
Volunteers Are Needed For Many Roles Before, During, and After the Classic
Here you’ll find most of the information needed to be a great volunteer at the Classic! Year by year, instructions might change a little, so it’s best to refer to any communications you get specifically. But, if you’re curious what helping out with the Classic might entail, this is a great place to start!
- If volunteering on event day, please check in at the Volunteer Tent noted on the volunteer registration confirmation you received.
- We will get you checked off the list, get your t-shirt, and send you on to your assigned position for the day.
- If possible we encourage all volunteers to bike to the event and to their volunteer posts.
- For those driving to the event we will update this page with parking options as soon as they’re available.
- Street parking will also be available in the surrounding neighborhoods but please be very cognizant of where you park so that you don’t run the risk of ticket or towing. and certainly don’t block bike lanes!
Talking Points and Volunteer Code of Conduct
The Saint Paul Classic Bike Tour is a fundraiser for the Bicycle Alliance of Minnesota (BikeMN), Minnesota’s largest and most active bike education and bike advocacy nonprofit.
- Please remember that when you’re volunteering for the Classic, you’re representing BikeMN. Everything you say and do reflects back on BikeMN.
- If a rider has a question you can’t answer or is giving you a hard time, please remind them that you’re a volunteer and direct them to Ted Duepner, who can answer any questions they have or address their concerns.
- Make sure to take care of yourself during your volunteer shift: we want you to have such a great time you volunteer again next year! Stay hydrated, have a snack, and take a breather when you need it. You Shift Manager is your ally!
- Thank you, thank you, thank you! Without you, we wouldn’t be able to make the Saint Paul Classic happen. Pat yourself and other volunteers on the back for a job well done!
- Rain or Shine!
- Please check the weather and dress accordingly.
- All volunteers are entitled to a free ride on the Classic.
- Please make sure that your ride doesn’t overlap your shift.
- One way we like to say thanks is with a volunteer party a couple of weeks after the Classic.
- You’ll receive more information about the party via email.
If you have questions or concerns prior to the event, please feel free to email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re looking for other ways to volunteer with BikeMN or other organizations throughout the year please check out our volunteer resources here.