Saint Paul Classic Ride
Event Details & Routes
The Fun Begins at Como Lakeside Pavilion
2023 Event Details –
The 29th annual Classic offers scenic routes, superb live music and tasty treats.
- NEW! The Phalen Fun Fest – Perfect for young or new riders. Pay just $10 and do as many laps around Lake Phalen as you like. Each lap is three miles. Live music and tasty treats await you at the Lake Phalen rest stop. Jog with a kiddo on a strider or scooter, bring your unicycle, skateboard or inline skate, there’s no wrong way to do the Phalen Fun Fest. Parking and check-in will be at Lake Phalen rest stop.
- The Classic (with the exception of the Phalen Fun Fest) will start and end at Como Lakeside Pavilion. We now offer two check-in times (7:30am-8:30am and 8:30am-9:30am). Please help us keep the Classic fun and safe for all by respecting your start times. All riders must be on route by 9:30 a.m. There will be a bounty of refreshments and live music at every rest stop but keep moving so you don’t miss anything (see “2023 Musical Lineup” for set times). Riders must finish and pick up their T-shirts by 1:30 p.m.
- We are limiting attendance to 2,500.
- Riders will enjoy riding on Saint Paul’s newest state of the art paved trails, bicycle lanes and protected bikeways. No roads will be closed to automobile traffic. Bicyclists must follow the rules of the road.
- The Grand Round route will be 30 or 33 miles (the 33 mile route includes a lap around Lake Phalen) and features three rest stops including a new stop overlooking Pickerel Lake. Ride With GPS link Click Here.
- The Short Route will be a “Lollipop Loop” east to Lake Phalen along Wheelock Parkway and back. Enjoy the new short route rest stop and a loop around lovely Lake Phalen for a 14-mile tour. Ride With GPS link Click Here.
The Saint Paul Classic is known throughout the area for its quality. All proceeds go to support the mission-driven education and advocacy work of the Bicycle Alliance of Minnesota. The Classic is a great experience for riders of all stripes. The tour winds through historic neighborhoods, beautiful parks and parkways, and along 14 miles of the majestic Mississippi River. Join us for this non-competitive, go-at-your-own-pace tour.
The 29th annual Saint Paul Classic Bike Tour will be held on Sunday September 10, 2023. A music-filled ride through Saint Paul unveils the beauty of the Capital City, its amazing trail system and celebrates its historic neighborhoods.
Amazing Rest Stops
We Support You!
The Saint Paul Classic would not be possible without the help of 100s of volunteers. Thanks in advance to everyone who signs up to help!
Volunteers receive a free T-shirt and enjoy a volunteer appreciation party at Summit Brewery with a picnic dinner catered by Mississippi Market Natural Foods Co-Op.