Saint Paul Classic Ride
Event Details & Routes
The Fun Begins at Como Lakeside Pavilion
2021 Event Details
New Ride. Same Old Fun!
The Saint Paul Classic is known throughout the area for its quality. All proceeds go to support the mission-driven education and advocacy work of the Bicycle Alliance of Minnesota. The Classic is a great experience for riders of all stripes. The tour winds through historic neighborhoods, beautiful parks and parkways, and along 14 miles of the majestic Mississippi River. Join us for this non-competitive, go-at-your-own-pace tour, and enjoy these amenities:
- The Classic will start and end at Como Lakeside Pavilion. Check-in begins at 7:30 a.m. and all riders should be on route by 9:30 a.m. Great food and beverages are included and an optional boxed lunch will be available at Dock & Paddle (part of the Pavilion) post ride. Please note that the event ends at 1:30 p.m. You’re welcome to continue to ride the route but rest stops and t-shirt pickup will cease by that time.
- We are limiting attendance to 1,850.
- Riders will enjoy riding on Saint Paul’s newest state of the art paved trails, bicycle lanes and protected bikeways. Almost no roads will be closed to traffic. Bicyclists must follow the rules of the road.
- The Grand Round route will be 29 or 32 miles (the 32 mile route includes a lap around Lake Phalen) and features two new rest stops: the Mississippi River Gorge Scenic Overlook and the picnic shelter across from the ancient Indian Mounds.
- The Short Route will be a “Lollipop Loop” east to Lake Phalen along Wheelock Parkway and back. Enjoy the new short route rest stop and a loop around lovely Lake Phalen for a 14-mile tour. You can even make your loop shorter by skipping the Phalen loop for an 11-mile tour.
The 27th annual Saint Paul Classic Bike Tour will be held on Sunday September 12, 2021. A music-filled ride through Saint Paul unveils the beauty of the Capital City, its amazing trail system and celebrates its historic neighborhoods.
Amazing Rest Stops
We Support You!
The Saint Paul Classic would not be possible without the help of 100s of volunteers. Thanks in advance to everyone who signs up to help!
Volunteers receive a free T-shirt and enjoy a volunteer appreciation party at Summit Brewery with a picnic dinner catered by Mississippi Market Natural Foods Co-Op.