2023 SAVE THE DATE – Sunday September 10th
TOP FIVE REASONS TO RIDE
- Choose one of two great routes, the all trail, 15-mile Lollipop Loop or the 31-mile Saint Paul Grand Round ~ 34 miles with a lap around Lake Phalen.
- Visit six regional parks and see why the Trust for Public Land rates the Saint Paul park system the second best in the U.S.
- We have the best rest stops in the business. Enjoy tasty treats and terrific live music (see link below) at all four stops and Lake Como.
- NEW for 2022 ~ Cross the Mississippi River to explore a hidden gem ~ Lilydale Regional Park and its stylish pavilion overlooking Pickerel Lake.
- Support Minnesota’s largest bicycle advocacy group ~ the Bicycle Alliance of Minnesota.
As always Classic riders enjoy the scenic and historic Saint Paul Grand Round. This year marks the 150th year anniversary of visionary landscape architect Horace Cleveland coming to Saint Paul and addressing the Common Council and local business community. He called for preserving parks at Lake Como and Lake Phalen and connecting them with a parkway now known as Wheelock Parkway. His bigger vision for a parkway circling the city was also realized and we’ll be enjoying the beautiful off-road trails and protected bikeways that have been built.
To help keep trails safe and rest stop lines short we offer two check-in times (7:30am-8:30am and 8:30am-9:30am). Please help us keep the Classic fun and safe for all by respecting your start times.
LIMITED EDITION — To help ensure rider safety and enjoyment we are limiting the Classic to just 2500 riders.
Event & Routing Details
Two different routes offer something for riders of all abilities and showcase much of the beauty of the area. Most importantly, both routes bring riders to rest stops you’ll definitely not want to miss.
The Saint Paul Classic would not be possible without the help of 100s of volunteers!
Volunteers receive a free T-shirt and enjoy a volunteer appreciation party.
Meet the 2022 T-Shirt Artist
2022 Musician Lineup
Check out the local musicians and artists playing at this year’s Saint Paul Classic!
Spanning a quarter century the Saint Paul Classic has been a September tradition for a long time.
Become a Sponsor!
Promote your company in tandem with Minnesota’s best bike tour!
Just Remember: Second-Sunday-September
It’s not etched in stone, but generally speaking the Saint Paul Classic is on the second Sunday of September every year. Make it an annual tradition!