Sunday September 8, 2024
TOP REASONS TO RIDE
- Choose one of two great routes, the all trail, 14-mile “Lollipop Loop” or the 30-mile Saint Paul Grand Round ~ 33 miles with an optional lap around Lake Phalen.
- Visit six regional parks and see why the Trust for Public Land rates the Saint Paul park system the second best in the U.S.
- The Classic is a MUSIC FESTIVAL on wheels. The Roe Family Singers headline at Lake Como with the award-winning Zacc Harris Trio opening the day.
- EXPLORE A HIDDEN GEM. Cross the Mississippi River and coast down into lovely Lilydale Regional Park. The Eddies will serenade you in the stylish pavilion overlooking Pickerel Lake.
- Support Minnesota’s largest bicycle advocacy group ~ the Bicycle Alliance of Minnesota.
- NEW! The Phalen Fun Fest – Perfect for young or new riders. Pay just $10 and do as many laps and visit the Lake Phalen rest stop as many times as you want. Jog with a kiddo on a strider or scooter, bring your unicycle, skateboard or inline skate, there’s no wrong way to do the Phalen Fun Fest. Check-in for these riders is at Lake Phalen Picnic Shelter.
As always Classic riders enjoy the scenic and historic Grand Round in Saint Paul, a Silver Level Bicycle Friendly Community. The Grand Round celebrates the work of visionary landscape architect Horace Cleveland who helped preserve parks at Lake Como, Lake Phalen and along the Mississippi River. His call to connect these parks with parkways eventually led to the scenic and protected bikeways enjoyed today.
To help keep trails safe and rest stop lines short we offer two check-in times (7:30am-8:30am and 8:30am-9:30am). Help us keep the Classic fun and safe for all by respecting your start times.
LIMITED EDITION — To help ensure rider safety and enjoyment we are limiting the Classic to 2,500 riders.
2023 Presenting Sponsors
2023 Silver Sponsors
2023 Community & Media Sponsors
The Arey Family
Event & Routing Details
The Saint Paul Classic would not be possible without the help of 100s of volunteers!
Volunteers receive a free T-shirt and enjoy a volunteer appreciation party.
Meet the 2023 T-Shirt Artist
2023 Music Lineup
Check out the local musicians and artists playing at this year’s Saint Paul Classic!
Spanning a quarter century the Saint Paul Classic has been a September tradition for a long time.
Become a Sponsor!
Promote your company in tandem with Minnesota’s best bike tour!
Just Remember: Sunday After Labor Day in September
It’s not etched in stone, but generally speaking the Saint Paul Classic is on the second Sunday of September every year. Make it an annual tradition!