Mission and Vision
The Bicycle Alliance of Minnesota engages people, provides education, and advocates for biking and walking.
We envision a Minnesota where every person everywhere can easily walk, bike, and roll as ways to move in daily life.
We See a Future Where…
All people experience safety: traffic safety, freedom from community violence, enforcement strategies that are equitable and support walking, biking, and rolling.
The culture of getting around values walking, bicycling, rolling, and riding transit by default and instead of defaulting to cars.
People of color, especially Black and Indigenous communities, have access to vital daily movement.
Engaged, diverse voices advocate for better bike and walk policies and infrastructure in their communities.
Rural, urban, and suburban communities thrive due to connected routes that support all ages and abilities.
Biking and walking are a critical climate mitigation strategy to sustain a healthy planet and community.
What We’re Working On
- Public education campaigns that prioritize safety for all road users
- Motorists learn walk and bike safety as a part of driver’s education
- Children learn walk and bike safety at school
- Everyone has access to bike education that meets their needs
- Minnesota implements walk and bike friendly policies, programs, and infrastructure at all levels
- Officials and stakeholders agree walking and bike are integral to thriving communities
- Communities, businesses, and higher education institutions are walk and bike friendly
- Walking & biking events celebrate community
- The grassroots movement represents an influential majority
- Leaders share skills and experience with each other