This week, the Bicycle Alliance of Minnesota staff and Board volunteered at Open Arms of Minnesota. We truly enjoyed meeting the chefs, staff, and other volunteers at Open Arms. We hope everyone had as much fun as we did! With the support of volunteers like us, Open Arms is able to bring comfort, nutrition, and support to our fellow community members and their families or carers who are living with life-threatening illnesses.
Here are a few fun stats and details about some of the tasks we accomplished:
- Bagged 156 medically-tailored lunches
- Bagged 64 nutritious dinners
- Cut 62 pounds of beef
- Trayed 1,248 pounds of fish
- Packed 125 spaghetti meals
We encourage you to join the Open Arms community and support their programs:
- Donate to support nutritious meals for families living with life-threatening illnesses. A gift of $78 provides a week’s worth of meals for a client!
- Kickstart a year of healthy eating by purchasing a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) share! Throughout the growing season, you’ll get weekly or bi-weekly boxes of fresh produce grown at Open Arms urban farm plots!
- Choose Open Arms for your workplace giving campaign. Many companies match employee donations and/or volunteer hours, so you can double your impact!
- Join Open Arms for a volunteer shift in the kitchen, on meal delivery, or at their urban farms at any time!