NORPINE FAT BIKE CLASSIC JANUARY 15 – 29, 2022
Continue the tradition – ride the Norpine Fat Bike Classic in 2022! Experience fat biking on the Norpine Trails in Lutsen. Ride through stands of old growth cedars on Pisten Bully groomed trails while overlooking Lake Superior – winter riding doesn’t get better than this!
The Norpine Fat Bike Classic is presented by the Superior Cycling Association with the proceeds going to the Norpine Trail Association and the Superior Cycling Association to assist each organization in maintaining the highest quality trails in Cook County that we all like to ride.
The Superior Cycling Association has built and maintains 35 miles of purpose-built mountain bike trails in Cook County, including the new Jackpot and High Climber trails, which connect Britton Peak trails to Lutsen Mountains. The Norpine Trail Association provides Pisten Bully groomed winter fat bike trails on one of the best winter bike trails on the North Shore.
Make sure that you register by December 24, 2021, otherwise we can’t guarantee that you will get a t-shirt!
This year you have 3 options to choose from – The Norpine Fat Bike Classic Race (19 or 30 miles), the Norpine Fat Bike Classic Tour (14 miles) and the Norpine Fat Bike Classic Full Moon Tour (6-8 miles). Learn more below.
NORPINE FAT BIKE CLASSIC RACE:
- Course Description: The Long Pine (long race) is 30 miles and sure to challenge the best of riders on the climbs (and descents). This course will travel through the beautiful North Shore woods and remarkable old growth cedar stands.The Short Pine (short race) while 19 miles will still test racers. This course follows the same trails as the long race but for only one loop.
- Date: The race starts at 10am on Saturday January 29, 2022. It will start and finish at Cascade Lodge.
- Registration Fee: $80 (which includes a t-shirt, after race awards/party, BBQ, swag bag, trail use fee, ticket to door prize raffle, and more).
- Course: Short Race (Short Pine): 19 miles or Long Race (Long Pine): 30 miles
- Awards Ceremony and After Race Party: At Cascade Restaurant with Free BBQ for all racers.
NORPINE FAT BIKE CLASSIC TOUR:
- Description: An untimed tour for those wanting to experience our great North Shore fat bike trails in a non-competitive event – ride with family and friends.
- Dates: Complete the tour anytime between Saturday, January 15 through Friday, January 28, 2022.
- Registration Fee: $50 (which includes a t-shirt, swag bag, trail use fee, ticket to door prize raffle, and more).
- Course: Start and finish at Cascade Lodge-ride to the challenging and scenic Hall/Massie Loops and back (14 miles).
NORPINE FAT BIKE CLASSIC FULL MOON TOUR:
- Description: An evening guided tour on the Norpine trails for those wanting to experience night riding (under a full moon weather permitting).
- Date: The tour will take place on Saturday January 15, 2022 at 6:00 PM starting and finishing at Cascade Lodge.
- Registration Fee: $25 (which includes tour guides, swag bags, ticket to door prize raffle, and more).
- Course: 6 – 8 Miles.
All riders will check and in and out at Cascade Lodge where they will pickup their swag bag.
Parking will be available at Cascade Lodge.