The Pre-Loppet event includes both ski races and fat bike events. Pending good snow conditions with typical Loppet optimism and can-do-ism, the Pre-Loppet long course ski and fat bike (approx 15K-18K) will utilize the natural snow trails in Theodore Wirth Park between the Trailhead and Glenwood Rd (e.g Bridge, Skyline, Tornado, JD Rivers) and finish on the world class snowmaking trails plus the scenic natural snow Judy trail near the Trailhead.
Starting and finishing at the Trailhead will be more ski events including The Pre-Loppet 5K, 3K, 1K, and Sit Ski options of 1K and 500 meters!
The Pre-Loppet has always been the key tune-up event for the City of Lakes Loppet Winter Festival.
- Long Course Ski Freestyle (approx 15-18K, classic track will be groomed on snowmaking trail section and on the natural snow trails if conditions allow)
- Long Course Fat Bike (same course as long course ski!)
- Double Dare Pre Challenge (do both long course ski and fat bike!)
- 5K/3K/1K Freestyle Ski (skate or classic) … all on snowmaking trails, classic track on right
- 1K/500 meter Sit Ski (same start and trails as 5K/3K/1K)
A Word on Bikes
- To preserve the trails, participants must use only fat bikes defined as bikes with 3.8” tires or more and less than 10 psi tire pressure.
- Tandem fat bikes are allowed and welcome, but are not eligible for awards. Each tandem rider must register and contact email@example.com to ensure the proper results are shown.