League Cycling Instructors are certified to teach the League of American Bicyclists Smart Cycling/Traffic Skills 101 curriculum to help people feel more secure riding a bike, to create a mindset that bikes should be treated as a vehicle, and to ensure bicyclists know how to ride safely and legally. The LCI training seminar focuses on teaching and demonstration techniques used with future students both on the road and in the classroom. The seminar’s emphasis is on how to teach bicycle safety and skills so as to provide increased comfort and confidence for new and returning bicyclists of all ages. LCIs are ideally suited to teach cycling best practices and confidently lead group rides.
1) You will join a network of thousands of nationally certified instructors across the country!
2) You will improve your on-bike skills by working with a coach and practicing first-hand hazard-avoidance techniques.
3) You would become eligible to teach BikeMN’s Traffic Skills courses, assist at our Adult Learn to Ride courses, and facilitate bike rodeos, classes, and Walk! Bike! Fun! opportunities in your community!
4) Meet other cycling advocates, enthusiasts and instructors across Minnesota and nationwide!
5) Learn new techniques and skills to improve your own riding style and spend some quality time on your saddle!
Want to learn more about becoming a League Certified Instructor?
League Cycling Instructors (LCIs) are certified to teach the League of American Bicyclist’s Smart Cycling curriculum to help people feel more secure riding a bike, to create a mindset that bikes should be treated as a vehicle, and to ensure bicyclists know how to ride safely and legally.
Join BikeMN’s second BIPOC-led and focused LCI Seminar in October! Learn more and register here. Full scholarships are available!