Sunpedal Bike Donation Drive and More!
With fall upon us, it’s the perfect time to get out and enjoy the season. As Minnesotans take advantage of the cooler weather and venture outdoors, it’s a great reminder that we all need to do our part to take care of the planet in all aspects of our lives—including the ways in which we travel.
As part of the Radisson Hotel Group Americas portfolio, Radisson Blu Mall of America emulates the company’s commitment to sustainable travel through a variety of efforts, including being the first LEED certified hotel in the Twin Cities. To drive awareness of this incredibly important topic, Radisson Hotel Group Americas has partnered with Sushil Reddy, sustainability advocate and founder of the SunPedal Ride, and Radisson Blu Mall of America will be hosting him along his journey.
Sushil is traveling across the United States on a solar powered e-bike to educate communities on sustainability and renewable energy. As part of his 6,000-mile journey (which will set a new Guinness World Record for longest bike ride on a solar powered bike), Sushil will be stopping at 55 Radisson Hotel Group Americas hotels, including Radisson Blu Mall of America on Monday, September 27. During his stay at Radisson Blu Mall of America, the hotel will host an earth-friendly power brunch, followed by a 22-mile group bike ride to Radisson’s corporate headquarters in Minnetonka.
Radisson Blu Mall of America has also teamed up with the Minneapolis non-profit Venture North for this event to collect used quality and functioning bikes, which they will tune-up and provide to the North Minneapolis communities as part of its mission to create a healthy place to live, and to increase racial, economic and gender equity within the biking community. (Details on bike drop off event below.)
We’ve included more information and timeframes for this event below, but please let us know if you would be interested in talking with Sushil, representatives from Radisson Blu Mall of America, from Radisson Hotel Group Americas or Venture North, as we’d be happy to arrange. We can also arrange for you to join the bike ride as well. If you are interested, please let us know ASAP as there is limited capacity on this ride.
Details of Sushil Reddy SunPedal Bike Ride:
Monday, September 27:
- Bike Donation: 8:00 a.m. – Noon: Twin Cities residents are encouraged to drop off their bikes at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bloomington at Mall of America, MN, 2221 Killebrew, Dr. Bloomington, MN 55425. The hotel is directly across the street from Radisson Blu Mall of America. Venture North will have a trailer parked in front of the hotel collecting bike donations.
- Power Brunch at Radisson Blu Mall of America: 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. During this time, media can gather interviews with Sushil, along with hotel representatives, and Radisson Hotel Group Americas leaders (including Chief Human Resources Officer, Michael Fischer), and Venture North. Sushil’s bike will be on display at this event.
- Send-off Event: Noon: Sushil Reddy and Radisson executives depart from Radisson Blu Mall of America (route map below).
- Approx. 2:30 p.m.: Arrive at Radisson Hotel Group Americas corporate headquarters in the Carlson Towers, 701 Carlson Pkwy, Minnetonka, MN.
- 2-4 p.m.: Employee celebration and free on-site bike tune-ups from Venture North.
- 4 p.m.: Sushil departs for next leg of his cross-country bike journey.