Learn to Ride Teaching Guide
What does it take to lead a class?
Interested in teaching kids or adults how to ride a bike? Check out BikeMN’s Learn to Ride Teaching Guide, a how-to manual that covers the activities and logistics of leading a class. This project was supported by the Minneapolis Health Department with Statewide Health Improvement Partnership funding, and illustrated by Xena Goldman (@xenastuff). BikeMN currently leads Adult Learn to Ride classes within the Twin Cities Metro.
Support and Resources
If you have questions about hosting Adult Learn to Ride classes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also recommend checking out these helpful resources linked below:
- Minnesota Bicycling Handbook
- The Walk! Bike! Fun! Curriculum, although designed for schools, has many useful activities and ideas.
- Smart Cycling, a free bike safety class by The League of American Bicyclists.
- Park Tool bike maintenance videos.
- BikeRide bike maintenance videos and guides.
- Example waiver for participants and volunteers.