Rock-n-Roll the Lakes – Albert Lea
August 12, 2023
Come down to cruise around the beautiful lakes of Albert Lea, Minnesota
Why Albert Lea Rocks!
As the hometown of rock-n-roll icon, Eddie Cochran, as well as Marian Ross, (also known as Mrs. C from Happy Days), Albert Lea knows how to rock! Choose from three different routes—10, 30, or 50 miles—of SAG-supported fun. All three courses hug picturesque lake shores and offer a variety of beautiful southern Minnesota scenery. You’re likely to spot one of the many eagles, pelicans, and countless other birds and wildlife that live in the area and love the local lakes. Food stops and great music along the route keep you rollin’. So come along with us for a fun, family-friendly ride, great tunes, and a rockin’ good time!
Who puts this event on?
RnRTL is brought to you by the good folks at BikeMN Chapter Albert Lea Area Cyclists (ALAC) and the Bicycle Alliance of Minnesota. ALAC is a bicycle and pedestrian education and advocacy group for Albert Lea, Minnesota who were instrumental in helping Albert Lea become an official Bicycle Friendly Community, and continue to refine the Rock-n-Roll the Lakes ride. Stay up to date with ALAC them by following them on Facebook.
2022 Event Details
100th Anniversary of one of Albert Lea’s biggest & most beautiful parks
- This year’s routes will all start & stop Edgewaters park
- The city’s community ed group will be providing free rentals of kayaks & paddleboards
- The local fishing club will be doing activities & providing some fishing experiences for our riders
- Historical Society will have information and fun old photos/stories of the park & what/how it all happened & changed over the years
- We will have multiple food trucks throughout the day for the event
- We will have music all day (DJ in the morning for registration, then several bands throughout the day)
50th Anniversary of Albert Lea’s waterski club the Bayside Skiers
- The ski club will be putting on a show early afternoon for the event
- (also, 100th anniversary of waterskiing itself; invented in MN)
Friday night prior to the event (the 12th) we do a short “light ride” around Fountain lake at dusk, open & welcome to all.
Recommended Lodging Options
Something a little different every year but always something for all ages and skill levels.
2022 – PDF Map 10 Mile Route
2022 – PDF Map 30-50 Mile Route
2022 – Ride With GPS 10 Mile Route
2022 – Ride With GPS Map 30 Mile Route
2022 – Ride With GPS Map 50 Mile Route
Albert Lea’s Edgewater park is the beginning and end of all routes this year. The park is 100 years old & we’re going to celebrate with a great bike & then a party in the park. There will be opportunities to kayak, paddleboard, fish, as well as other activities! Enjoy food from several different vendors & music all day from a variety of bands! Another highlight of the day, is our waterski club is turning 50, so they wanted to partner with our ride this year & are providing a waterski show early in the afternoon for all to enjoy!