2024 Minnesota Bike/Walk Summit!
Capitol Hill, Thursday March 14th
Bicycle advocates and enthusiasts throughout the state of Minnesota will once again gather in Saint Paul for the annual Bike Summit on Capitol Hill to help residents of the State set the pace for the rest of the nation.
If you live in Minnesota your presence is necessary to educate the elected leaders of the State—many of whom are new—on Minnesota bicycling issues and needs, and ensure they know that their constituents want them to make bicycling a safer and more convenient choice throughout the state.
Advocating for bicyclists is one of the Bicycle Alliance of Minnesota‘s (BikeMN) most important goals. BikeMN focuses on bicycling related issues of statewide or regional significance—and partners with local and national organizations on other issues that impact bicycling. (Here is our Legislative Agenda (coming soon). The best ways to get involved are to join BikeMN, and to let your local and state officials know about the importance of bicycling to you and your community.*
SUMMIT SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
- 9:15 a.m. – Registration and check-in; networking; and continental breakfast at Christ Lutheran Church.
- 10:00 a.m. – Morning sessions and speakers. Stay tuned for a full list! *Virtual Session Begins
- Noon – Lunch provided (included in the registration fee). Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options will be available. *Virtual Session Ends
- 1 – 3:30 p.m. – Meet with legislators to discuss the BikeMN Legislative Agenda. Scheduling varies for each participant depending upon legislator availability. During this time there will be rotating roundtable discussions happening in the basement. We invite all guests to participate before or after their legislator meetings.
- 3:00 – 5:00 pm: Informal post-event gathering. Location Pillbox Tavern!
BikeMN will schedule appointments for attendees to meet with their legislators. Morning sessions will include training and coaching on talking with your legislators. Appointment times with specific legislators will be posted the morning of the Bike Summit to assist you in mapping your day. Please plan to attend a meeting with your legislator even if you are not able to attend the full Summit.